Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Best Pumpkin Pie - Cindy's Recipe


It's that time of year again, crisp apples, falling leaves and a really good pumpkin pie! I made one yesterday and I must say it tasted pretty good, in fact I think it tasted great. Every year I think about experimenting with new recipes for that traditional pie, but this is one pie that shouldn't deviate too much from the standard because I think it has a deep association with tradition and childhood memories. I'm not going to include a pie pastry recipe this time around, because that is another whole issue, at least in this household. (My husband and I disagree on the best pie pastry recipe) With all that said, give this recipe a try and hope you will be pleased.

Pumpkin Pie

Filling:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp of ground cinnamon (generous)
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt (fine, kosher)
2 tbs maple syrup
2 large eggs
15 oz of canned or fresh cooked , pureed pumpkin
12 fl oz of evaporated milk

1 unbaked 9 in (4 c. volume) pie shell

Combine pumpkin, eggs, milk, maple syrup, Gradually add spices and sugars. Pour into pie shell. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min. Reduce temp to 350 and bake for 40 min. or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive